Join us at St. Anne's in the classroom! You will learn a lot about early childhood education and just possibly new things about yourself in the process.
Our children range in age from (4) weeks to (6) years of age. As a Classroom Assistant, you will assist the Lead Teacher with the classroom routine and care of the children interacting directly with each child as well as with your teacher. You may be reading with a child, working on communication skills while creating something with Play Dough, learning positive behavior guidance techniques, even outside for some exercise and fresh air. Job requirements:
- 20 hours minimum required for Service Learning/Community Engaged Learning students
- Good interpersonal skills including verbal communication and listening skills
- Willing to take directions and ask questions
- Experience with young children helpful or a background in education
- Complete a TB skin test
- Pass a background check including fingerprints through the Department of Early Learning
If interested, please contact Bridget Carstens, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 232-1111 ext. 111 for more information.