Position title: Program Assistant
Site: Our Sister’s Closet in the Women’s Opportunity Center
Hours: Minimum of 2 hour shifts for a 3 month commitment with a 1 month trial period
Report to: OSC Manager
General Summary: This is a volunteer opportunity within Our Sister’s Closet. The position entails: answering phones, scheduling appointments, managing donations, personalized styling appointments, providing excellent customer service, and assisting management as needed.
An ideal volunteer would embody the three following roles:
Ambassador: Ambassadors embody that participants are “welcome, wanted for and expected.”
- Answering the phone
- Scheduling appointments
- Welcoming and providing beverages for guests
- Interacting with current participants of the WOC
- Assist donors by helping them unload vehicles, etc.
- Making recommendations to participants about using other YWCA and outside programs
Curator: Curators thoughtfully and strategically pick clothing and accessories that will “create the store”.
- Discern if donations are modern, versatile and in great condition and can be utilized
- Check to see if new donations have been received and need to be processed
- Replenish in-store inventory to ensure each appointment is given the best selection
- Keep the store merchandised and visually appealing for an ultimate shopping experience
- Maintain an organized and accessible back-room for easy re-stocking
Stylist: Stylists seek to educate, outfit and empower the women they serve.
- Assist with finding clothes that best meet participant’s needs, style, and body type
- Complete “the look” by offering accessories or additional items
- Positive and truthful hands-on styling advice and assistance
- Mixing and matching garments to create more outfit ideas
- Ensure all appointments complete the appropriate intakes
- Fold or hang chosen clothing per participant’s preference
- Maintain clean and “shoppable” store, it should be easy to shop and visually appealing